PESEL number (for foreigners)

There are two ways to obtain a PESEL number: ⦁ at check-in; ⦁ on the basis of applying for e-PUAP. In the first case, it is enough to go to the City Hall or one of its branches serving residents located in the shopping malls of Bronowice, Serenada or Bonarka, taking your foreign passport and a rental agreement with you. It is worth remembering that only a foreigner staying on the basis of a visa, a residence card or a stamp confirming the submission of an application for a residence card may register and receive a PESEL number. This procedure takes literally a few minutes.

If a foreigner is not able to register, they may receive a PESEL number in order to create a trusted profile on ePUAP (Electronic Platform for Public Administration Services). Therefore, in the application for assigning the PESEL number as a legal basis, it is necessary to indicate § 5, section 3 of the Regulation of the Minister of Digitalization of 5 October 2016 on the profile of a trusted electronic platform of public administration services. You can file your application at the same place, but it will take about a month to process the case, so you have to be patient.

What to do? ⦁ Fill in the application form and prepare a document which will confirm your identity.

wniosek_PESEL_podstawa prawna

⦁ Apply to the City Hall.

How much do you have to pay? The service is free of charge.

This post is also available in: polski Ukrainian English Русский